In the past I have come up with a short list of my own predictions for the new year. I have never published those predictions, but I have come pretty close on a lot of my thoughts for the future.
I thought it might be entertaining to actually post my predictions here on the Scott Winters Blog this year so we can see how well I do.
Here are my Predictions for 2019 (in no particular order):
- The Witmark building just off of Plainfield Ave. in Grand Rapids will finally be demolished or used for a new purpose.
- At least one (possibly two) chief meteorologists on local TV will retire. One of their replacements will be a familiar face to Grand Rapids viewers, although that person is not currently on the air locally.
- Gas will go back up to around $3 a gallon for most of the year. (Enjoy the cheap prices while you can!)
- There will be at least one Grand Rapids radio personality retiring from the business and hanging up their headphones for good.
- The Grand Rapids Press will become a Sunday only newspaper. It will no longer publish during the week.
- There will be a Costco on the northside of Grand Rapids.
- The housing market will stabilize. Not as many houses will be for sale this summer and the prices won’t be as high as last year.
- There will be at least one daytime TV talk show host that will retire.
- You’ll see yet another “judge” show on daytime TV.
- TV Game shows will make a comeback.
I think it’s bad karma to name people that could die this year, but here are a few predictions on just who might not see the end of the year…
- An actor from the 1964 Disney movie “Mary Poppins” will pass away.
- An actor from the movie “Spartacus” will die
- Not one, but two, TV game show hosts will pass away in 2019
- Another cast member of the “Carol Burnett Show” will die.
- A cast member from the “Mary Tyler Moore Show” will pass away.
- There will be only one surviving cast member of “Gilligan’s Island” by the end of the year.
- We will lose a former President of the United States to natural causes.
There you go… just a few things that I think will happen in the coming year.